Thursday, September 1, 2011

The sands of time.


A while back my husband and I went on a cruse to the Caribbean. While we were on the island of Barbados I decided to snatch a bit of sand to use later in a scrapbook or collage. My friend Maria Nerius posted a project she had finished from one of her scuba diving excursions. She also kept some sand. (Honestly crafting is a bit like hoarding only on a much more creative level);-) After seeing her project and the thread that followed on Facebook we came to the conclusion that sand would be an awesome thing to save. Some from here, some from there. You get the idea. So I decided I wanted to send Maria some of that soft white sand I had. This piece has the sand in the small bottle inside the small shadow box that turns out to be the perfect size for an artist trading card. It started out as an empty cardboard jewelry gift box. I used fabric, and 3 dimensional stickers as well as the small bottle I purchased at the craft store. On the back I added my artist info, and used clear acetate I kept from packaging of some sort to make the front. I think it's pretty cool, and I decided Maria will be getting it sometime next week. Hope this inspires you to use up some of those 'saved treasures' and share. Bright Blessings till next time. May you see a 3-fold return on all that you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment