Saturday, March 27, 2010

Retro recycle.



I had planned on writing this the other day but.........life's fun, and time flies. I started my projects and my Dad got sick. I had to put everything on hold and help out for a couple of days. He is much better now so back to work.

I started off with an idea, and a bunch of empty mint tins. Retro 70's was my motto, refrigerator magnets was the game. I used ranger alcohol inks on 2, and watercolors on the 3rd. I added a dragonfly charm to the watercolor, along with copper leaves. The other 2 are made with the inks and a mushroom stamp. I added crystals and small flower punches for a bit of bling. (I can never resist a sparkle or two) Having OCD (obsessive crafting disease) during the creative process I ended up with rainbow colored everything. Hands, work table, tons of punched out shapes from the left overs, I think it's even in my eyebrow.(scratched an itch) I always wanted rainbow colored eyebrows. lol. One of the things I like to do is use as much recyclable scraps as possible. In this project it was the empty tins, and a pressed paper coaster from Pizza Hut. I used the coaster cut, stacked, and glued in to raise the height of the picture. I love to save money so recycling is right up my alley. I really hope everyone enjoys this project and it inspires some to recycle and create. Today I'm looking for a way to recycle rope, twine, fabric etc. into macrame plant hangers. Another fun craft from the 70's and green to boot. Bright Blessings everyone, and happy crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment