Saturday, August 28, 2010

Cute Christmas ATC


It's a bit hard to tell, but this one is made to have the window in the center be just that. A window with dimension. It has tiny marbles and a few square sequins that shake around giving the illusion of snow. I started with 2 cards. After adding the paper to the fronts of both, and the back side of the card that would be the bottom, I cut out the center of one of the cards making it squiggly not straight. I put the cut card over the uncut card to make the placement of the snowy house with the snowman sticker easier. After that I cut a square of clear acetate and added it to the back of the cut card to form the window. I cut strips of double sided sticky foam mounting tape and added them around the edge of the uncut card that has the house sticker. I added the marbles and sequins at this point being careful not to tip the card. I then added the window card front. It now has it's dimension. Last I added the stickers on the front, and used copper foil tape around the edge.
I had fun with this one. I really like the moving parts for added interest. Next I think I'll do one with a Halloween theme.

1 comment:

  1. Really cute. I have got to get some of that copper foil tape and try it. I just got out my box of Halloween trims yesterday. I love doing the Halloween themed cards.

    ReplyDelete